Saturday 19 October 2013

You have a heel on your back.

That was Miss 5's comment when she hopped into my bed this morning and I was facing the other way.

"It's a shoulder baby."

"Oh."

Miss 4 was in bed with me again last night. I had told her, post chickenpox diagnosis, that if she needed to come in she could (not that that means anything anyway as 9 times out of 10 she does anyway). And so she did indeed come in to my bed at around 4. Master 3 came in at around 6. And started talking. Joy.

"Mummy."

"No. Go to sleep. Shhhh." My eyes didn't even open.

And so Master 3 leaned over to me, gently placed one of his hands on either of my cheeks, and squeezed. Fabulous. My mouth is now in "kiss" possie, and when I speak to tell him to stop I can't even understand myself.

So I figure that's about that. Done. Forgo sleep and have a chat with the mini dude.

So we had a chat. And then had a bit of a cuddle. And then I pretended to eat him up, as parents do. I never understood it when I wasn't a parent, and I'm not sure I understand it now, even though I am a parent, but, well, you do it. You pretend to eat your kids up. They get a kick out of it and it brings laughter galore.

And so there I was, playfully mock gnawing at his arm saying "I'm going to eat you all up for my breakfast!"

He replied with the cries of "Nooooo!!!" interspersed with hysterical laughter, and as soon as I would stop he would yell out "EAT ME ALL UP!!!" and so I would start again.

And then I repeated "I'm going to eat you all up for my breakfast!" at which time Master 3 wiggled away, jumped out of bed and said "HA! Your breakfast just got out of bed!"

Funny lil man.

He has recently discovered the cupboard in the girls' room. If he stands on the bed, he can reach the handle to open the cupboard. Then he jumps off the bed, crawls into the bottom shelf, and closes the door behind him. It has louvres so he won't suffocate. But still. Terrifying. Imagine I hadn't seen him discover that.... he could literally go missing for hours and I would never have thought to check there.

I would also never have thought to check under Miss 4's bed for my phone, but when I asked her tonight where she had put it after playing a game on it earlier, that's where she went. An insight into the mind of a child.

And so long story short, new topic, the kids all have chickenpox. Fabulous. That said, I'm really pretty lucky (as are they obviously) because they have all got such a mild dose it is unbelievable. Like massively mild. Miss 4 is the worst, with some quite nasty spots which I think will probably scar, but the other two, in all honesty, you wouldn't even know they had anything wrong with them. The only reason I knew that they had spots at all was because I have been carrying out routine "spotwatch" every hour or two as I figured the odds of the others getting it too were fairly high. And I wouldn't have even done that I don't think except I saw a suspicious looking spot on Miss 5's face.

So there you go. Better to get it all over with at the one time than to drag it out though. So as far as silver linings go, that's a pretty good one.

Yesterday when I got home there was an old lady standing on the road beside the driveway next door. I got out of the car and the first thing I heard was "can you help me?" and so I got the kids out of the car and hurried over to her.

So it seems she was from up the road and was visiting the lady next door to me, but she forgot her walking frame (as you do) and only had her walking stick and got 'stuck' when she hit the lip in the road to get up the driveway.

Good lord. How long had that poor woman been standing there??!!

So I did the neighbourly thing and the kids and I walked her around to the house of the woman she was aiming to visit and made sure she got in there safely then said our goodbyes (after introducing ourselves) and off we went.

Good deed for the day....done.

Gee I hope she's had the chickenpox......

No comments:

Post a Comment