Sunday 27 October 2013

"How many slaves does Santa have?"

"Elves, baby, they are called elves."

"Oh. Ok. So how many ELVES does Santa have then?"

I love it when they don't quite get words right. Or pronunciation. Because it is just super adorable. Which is why every now and then I teach them a new word which I know is going to be hard, just to see how they go with it. If they get it, fabulous, new word, and good one. If they don't, well, seriously bloody great entertainment.

Cruel? Hell no. Educational.

And a bit funny for mummy. Gimme a break, I'm a single mum, I have to shake it up somehow. I don't get out much.

At dinner tonight, Master 3 was "fimished", so he said.

And so I went to take the plate.

"Actually, no, I'm not fimished. I'll just eat that."

"Ok then."

"Yes, actually, I am finished."

Yes. And again it becomes apparent that I may use the word "actually" a tad bit much.

This becomes even more apparent when one looks at the new game the kids have.

They run across the room, stop for a second then say "actually, over there" and run to a different spot, wherein they say "actually, over there" and run to a different spot. Yes. It is fabulous.

This "actually" also extends to choosing. Anything. T-shirts. Food. Anything. I have mentioned this before. I know. But it is constant.

My eye is twitching. I can't work out whether it is because I am tired or because of today's events.

Today was pock check day. We needed clearance.

I had warned the kids that we needed to get to the doctor early. Having everyone sleep in till 7.30am was not part of that plan, though I must admit was quite welcome, even though three of those people were in my bed.

Still. It counts.

And so my plans to be out of the house by 8 were shattered. They were shattered further when Master 3 refused to decide upon which jacket he was going to wear. And then didn't like his socks "Actually, I think I want the black pair." (goddamn actually).

And then the shoes.

And so we finally got out of the door just after 10.

I didn't bring enough food. Again. But it was enough for the start part. Enough for one woman to walk past us and say "You have beautiful children, and so well behaved."

Yes. Bribed with food. Sue me. It works.

Until. The food. Runs out.

And I stupidly let Master 3 bring his Mike the Knight shield and sword with him.

What. The hell. Was I thinking. Seriously.

And in case you wondered, if a 3 year old is lying on the ground holding his sword aloft and said sword drops and hits him in the face, he will get a black eye. Fairly instantly.

And for the record, the crying and screaming will not assist in getting you seen any quicker at the doctors.

So after one and a quarter hours, the last 20 minutes thereof filled with Peppa Pig on my iPhone, we were seen.

Mega pock was surveyed and medication was changed to cater to the way in which it was behaving (which was a bit naughty funnily enough).

Other minis were seen to and all good, save for Master 3's ear still showing the signs of infection.

So on that. 3 infections in 5 weeks. Have to take him back in 2 weeks. And if it's back then there's a whole other journey to undertake. Oh the joys. But let's not pre-empt shall we... there is enough going on.

So we got clearance. All kidlets back at school and daycare tomorrow. Fabuloso.

I hate that I got charged for daycare and the kids didn't set foot there all week. I also hate that I had to buy them food while I was effectively being charged for their food at daycare. And they are big eaters.

But them's the breaks I guess.

Master 3 didn't shut up today. At all.

Oh, I apologise, he napped for a nanosecond when we were at Woolies. That was it.

The rest of the time was spent in various noisy ways.

He creates a soundtrack for his life. Today the soundtrack was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" which he sang pretty well everywhere he went. That and the rainbow song. "Red and lellow and pink and green...". Can't bring myself to pick him up on the "lellow" yet cos it just sounds so damn cute. And the girls pick him up on it. So that's enough.

We had many incidents of "What are you doing?" today.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Folding washing."

"So what do you think I'm doing then?"

"Folding washing."

"That's it! Well done."

Runs off. Screaming braveheart style.

Ten minutes later.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Ironing."

"So what do you think I'm doing?"

"Ironing."

"Well done, I AM ironing."

"Good old Collingwood foreeeeeever....." *runs off* as I have an aneurysm because I can't stand Collingwood, and Miss 4 hears my mental struggle and starts saying "No" and singing the Geelong theme song.

Oh yes. A tormented house is this. All because I barrack for Geelong and their father barracks for Collingwood. Miss 5 has it sussed. When she is with me she goes for Geelong, and when with him she goes for Collingwood. I asked her what happens when both teams play one another and she said "I'll just barrack for both." Love her to bits.

Every time I saw Master 3 today though it was noisy. He is a noisy child.

I walk into the room he is in "Hello again!"

"Hi baby how are you?"

"GOOD!"

*starts running off* "Bye bye!!!!"

And off he goes.

Later on today I was in my bedroom, where there is a full length mirror on one of the cupboards. Master 3 was standing in front of the mirror at the back of the room.

"There I am."

*moves a step to the side*

"Now I'm gone."

*moves back*

"There I am."

*moves a step to the side*

"Now I'm gone."

Yep. One of those kinds of days.

But after we went to the doctor we went to the supermarket. I bought bacon. And three other varieties of deli meat. I have missed deli meat.

And fruit. And vegies. And some ice cream for the kids because all things considered they really had been terribly good today.

And we made it. We made it through quarantine boot camp. Slightly scarred, but alive.

And I can't wait to get to work tomorrow so I can have a break.

Am just so glad my babies are all well again.

Will be more glad once mega pock is entirely gone. But till then, well, Miss 4 is using that as full excuse to come into bed with me.

And to be honest, I really don't mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment