Saturday 26 October 2013

I think my brain broke.

That's really all I've got right now.

I've been holed up in quarantine with these small folks for what seems like a veritable eternity, and am sitting here at the computer and started humming and it was "3 little ducks"... God help me. Seriously.

So the spots have basically all abated. Except for mega pock which is still running the gauntlet. I daresay it is no longer 'contagious' per se, but holy crap, I kid you not, this spot had its own postcode. I'm not usually one for posting photos, but I have to. I just have to. You have to see the one week evolution of this spot beast.

I shall put it at the end of this little spiel just in case you're squeamish.... that'll give you enough time to not look.... or to gingerly let it scroll down so you can kind of half see it without actually seeing see it....

The days have been long of late. Not terrifically exciting, but incredibly long.

We have done stuff. We did pasting. We did those little geleez sticker things. We watched some tv. We played some games. I fed the children a bazillion times.

Note: Encouraging the children to role play is one thing. Hearing them scream "FIRE!" from another room is entirely another. Toy fire engine. Yes. Of course you would shout fire. Of course. And yes, being the drama queen that you are, of COURSE you would sound as though there really actually was a fire.

She is quite the talent actually. Mental note.

I have lost count of the number of inanimate objects that have been reincarnated as flying objects.

Thomas.

A necklace (that one would have stung too).

A disco ball. A small one. But still.

A shoe.

A dinosaur.

Several books.

A football.

Bear in mind all these objects were thrust by a small male. Of which there is only one in this house. And who is a terror. And I called him that. And then subsequently heard him referred to on many occasions as such.... "You are a TERROR you know." "STOP being such a TERROR." "NOOOOOOO YOU ARE A TERROR!!!!!"

Yes. They hear. They repeat. In context.

I have not been able to get to the supermarket for some time. Not ideal. Less than ideal is then missing the online grocery delivery windows.

But we haven't starved, no, not at all. And score of all scores I found a pork belly in the freezer this morning. Sensational.

But I'm missing some of the fresher things. We only have a handful of carrots left, and half a head of broccoli, and some frozen peas.

I need fresh vegies. I really do. And our fruit supply has diminished such that by mid morning tomorrow there will be nothing left.

Now we eat a lot in this household. We being these small children. And a lot of fruit. And also a lot of vegetables. Some of it conscious, some of it unconscious.

What do I mean by that?

This.

I grate cauliflower into everything. You can. You can't see it. You can't taste it. But instant mega hit of vegies. Gold.

I also cut up cabbage very finely and chuck that into things.

I finely grate zucchini. Same deal.

And the best one? I make home made soup. Vegetable soup. With a truckload of vegies in it. And yes, the kids will eat the soup. But I freeze the soup in portions. And I freeze spag bol sauce in portions. So when time to thaw out arrives I put in one portion of spag bol sauce and one portion of vegie soup. Voila. Instant huge vegie hit for the kids and they think they are eating pure meat sauce.

Genius.

Well, I think it's pretty good.

I eat tomatoes like apples. I don't have any left. Terrible.

I love stuff cut into sticks for morning or arvo tea. All we have left is carrot and cucumber. Not enough!

And we have no eggs. No bread. No milk. No anything really. Just freezer food. Prepared meals of which I made extra and froze. Thankfully.

Anyway, tomorrow is D day. Doctor day. Hoping we get clearance for all kids to go back to school and daycare on Monday. Hoping like nobody's business.

If not, well, cross that bridge when we come to it I guess.

We probably could have done more over these few days. I could have packed more activities in. I could have spent more "quality" time with the kids. But to be honest, I couldn't have. Miss 4 is incredibly clingy when she is out of sorts, Miss 5 is melodramatic and Master 3 is off his head.

I did my best.

We are all still alive.

I think that in itself is the proof of that there pudding.

And if the doctor doesn't give us the all clear tomorrow I'll be coming home via the bottle-o.

That is all.


Oh, and I nearly forgot.....


Mega pock....


Be prepared........




No comments:

Post a Comment