Tuesday 29 October 2013

I'm not winking at you.

My eye is twitching again.

Why? Oh, possibly because 2 out of 3 children decided that around 4.45am was a fabulous time to join me in my bed. And then strike up a conversation.

Um. No. Kids. No. Uh uh. If you are in my bed you are sleeping. Otherwise go back to your own bed, go watch tv, go anywhere else except where I am, trying to sleep.

They didn't. They didn't listen. And I was hardly in the mood for it. Hardly at all.

And so I just gave up, went to the kitchen, and put the kettle on.

"Are you making coffee?"

"Yes baby."

"Are you going to have a shower?"

"Yes baby."

"After your coffee?"

"Yes baby."

"Are you going to have two coffees?"

"Yes, I think I need to."

"Oh. And then are you going to have a shower?"

"Yes baby."

"Can I have a hug before you have your shower?"

"Of course."

"Are you having coffee?"

"Yes baby."

Repeat. Incessantly. Until my coffee was finished. And then I tried to get to the shower wherein the apparent magnetic field in my body switched on, thus causing all three children to be drawn to my legs like seagulls to a chip. And they hung on.

"I want a hug!!!"

"No, IIIIIIII want a hug!!!"

"You can all have a hug."

"But I want a kiss too."

"You can all have a kiss too."

"Muuuuuuum I want a huuuuuuug."

"Guys. I'm going to have a shower. I'm not leaving the country."

"Hug! Hug!! Hug!!!"

Nice to be loved but seriously kids, get off me. I need a shower. And I'm tired because you annoyed me this morning. I'm not in the mood.

It didn't stop. Master 3 standing in the bathroom.

"Mum, I want a hug."

"Baby, I'm in the shower."

"But I want a hug!"

"I'll give you a hug when I get out of the shower."

"But I want a hug!"

"I'll give you a hug when I get out of the shower."

Annnnnnnd repeat.

Sigh.

Work was good. Got a few things finalised. Love that. Leftovers from yesterday's lunch for lunch today so not a penny was spent (hurrah!).

And when I went to pick up the kids it started almost as soon as I saw them. The whining.

Note to self: Check phases of the moon calendar app thing.

Ok I couldn't wait. I checked. Interestingly enough it is almost completely opposite to a full moon. Perhaps the effect is the same.... full or empty..... empty moon. I like that. I'm going to use that again.

Tonight we read a lot. I like reading to the kids. Books are fabulous. Miss 5's reading has improved hugely so she is now reading pretty long books with lots of words in them. Miss 4 is still reading really well but has her own books that are just a little easier than Miss 5's. They both absolutely belted through tonight's books.

And then we did a storybook. Master 3 picked it. One of his truck books. And we are reading and making sounds and my lips are about to fall off from saying brrmmmmmm repeatedly and then we turn a page and the concrete truck has my name. Wow. There you go. First time I see my name in a book and I'm a concrete truck.

And apparently I go swish swish plop.

Can't say that would be the sound effect I would go for given the choice but, well, concrete trucks can't be choosers apparently.

The tactics to delay bedtime are changing somewhat. For Master 3 anyway. There was the obligatory "But I wanted to find *insert random toy name here* to take to bed tonight."

"You haven't played with that for ages."

"But I want to take it to bed with me." *said in whiny little I can cry at any minute and you know I can* tone.

So we find the toy.

"Now go to bed and go to sleep please. Nigh night, love you."

Pause.

A little longer.

"Muuuuuuuuuuum?"

"What is it darling?" *said far less sweetly than it sounds when you simply read it*

"I need to tell you something."

Audible. Sigh. From me obviously. And I go to his room.

"When I'm 10...... could you please buy me a watch? One with numbers on it?"

"If you go to sleep right now then yes, I will."

"Ok, nigh night."

Holy crap. If only it were that simple!!!!

Pause.

A little longer.

"Muuuuuuuuuum? Will I be 10 after I have a sleep?"

"Yes baby. A long time after you have a sleep, but yes, after you have a sleep, eventually you will be 10."

And then he bleated. For a good 5 minutes. Lying with his pillow on top of him, as he does.

And then silence.

My eardrums are literally still ringing from the noise levels today. And I have that little pain just above my left eye.

And my left elbow is itchy. Ooooh bonus!!! That means I'm coming into money doesn't it??

Oh. No. Wait.

Never mind. I'll just believe that that is what it means.

Hope springs eternal......

No comments:

Post a Comment