Tuesday 15 October 2013

Do you eat lamb?

This was the first of a series of questions in a conversation I had with Miss 5 this evening, some of which I will share with you, as best as I can remember.

Miss 5: "Do you eat lamb?"

Me: "Yes baby I do."

Miss 5: "What about baby lambs?"

Me: "Yes baby."

Miss 5: "Where do baby lambs come from?"

Me: "From sheep."

Miss 5: "So baby lambs are baby lambs?"

Me: "Yes."

Miss 5: "So do you eat any creatures?"

Me: "Yes baby."

Miss 5: "We can't eat creatures."

Me: "Yes we can baby!"

Miss 5: "Noooo."

Me: "Yes baby." At this point I am terrified I am just about to create a vegetarian.

Miss 5: "What about chicken?"

Me: "What about chicken?"

Miss 5: "What is chicken?"

Me: "Chicken is chicken."

Miss 5: "Yes, but what is chicken made of."

Me: "Chicken is made of chicken baby. You know, *makes chicken sound and mock flaps wings*."

Miss 5: "What..... do you mean food chicken is made out of animal chicken?"

Me: "Yes. Chicken we eat is chicken animal chicken." I know. Yes. Well. She understood it.

Miss 5: "So what you're saying is.... GUYS!!! YOU KNOW WHAT MUMMY SAYS? SHE SAYS THAT FOOD CHICKEN IS MADE FROM ANIMAL CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!"

I was quite thankful to hear a scream then. Well, I wasn't, because I thought it may have been due to the realisation that they had been eating chicken little, but thankfully it was due to Master 3 shoving his foot into the side of Miss 4's head. Oh yes. Thankfully. Minor damage done. The creation of vegetarians in my house however would have been horrific.

We did somersaults tonight. Well, Miss 5 started. She has been doing gym at school and wanted to show everyone what she had learned. And then king coordination Master 3 picked it up just like that so they were tumbling and rolling like nobody's business.

Miss 4 wasn't quite so sure. She didn't want to do it. So I asked her if she would like me to do it first to show her how.

She said yes.

I can't believe she said yes.

I also can't remember the last time I did a somersault.

So I watched Miss 5, then I watched Master 3 and I thought yes, I can do this.

I stood behind her little sofa, which was all stretched out, put my head on the ground, then flipped myself over. I did it. And my god I am soft because it gave me a little fright. BUT it allowed Miss 4 to see that it was not a bad thing to do.

So I spent the next few minutes guiding her on how to put her head on the ground without smashing herself in the forehead, as her first instinct was to essentially faceplant the ground, and then to flip herself over.

She did it. And wasn't she proud. So I gave her massive cuddles and encouraged her to do it again. And pretty soon hers were the smoothest of all. Way to go mini chick :)

Bedtime tonight was crap. There is no other word to describe it.

It was so bad that I folded all the washing. And there was a lot of it.

Why did I do this? I was trying to prove a point. The kids weren't listening to me, so I folded washing and didn't listen to them. They didn't really like it that much. And it didn't settle them at all. But at least I got the washing folded.

And finally all the kids dragged their somersaulted little tooshes to bed.

And I found something else out tonight. Standing on a Thomas train is almost as painful as standing on a Lego.

So there you go. Learn something new every day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment