Thursday 10 October 2013

I'll tell you why you're tired.....

because if you are anything like me this is how your day went.

4.30am Master 3 "I want breakfast"

"Go to bed it isn't even light yet"

"I want breakfast"

"Hop in here with me"

Does. Sleeps for a nanosecond. Gets up. Turns on tv.

"Mum, tv doesn't work"

"That's because it doesn't wake up until 6. Go to sleep"

*hops into bed with me and goes to sleep*

Meanwhile, over the other side of the bed, Miss 4 is happily snoring, having stealthed in at who knows what time.

Cue light. And wakeup. Of everyone.

And breakfast. And the inevitable fights over who gets which colour bowl. Note to self - get set of bowls today that are all the same colour.

And so the next hour is spent caffeinating (me, not them), and trying to wrestle with personalities that are intent on asserting themselves in every waking hour. Master 3 didn't want those shoes. Miss 4 wanted to do it herself. And Miss 5. Well, draaaama drama drama. And I seriously have no idea about what.

So we eventually got out the door at around 8.40am. School bell rings at 8.50am for the preps. And I still have to drop the other two off.

So we get there, up to Master 3's room and he goes mock shy and clingy. Fabulous. And so after a zillion cuddles and kisses I finally have to leave, with the vision of him, throwing himself at the floor crying. Which, I am sure you will agree, is hardly the vision you want in your mind as you leave your child with someone else for the day. So I say, loudly, "Love you baby, I'll be back soon" over and over. More to make myself feel better than him I think.

Then Miss 4 goes to her room, and many cuddles and kisses later we depart.

And it's time to take Miss 5 to school. Late. Again. We were late yesterday too. I don't understand it. The days I have to go to work we are never late. The days I don't, we inevitably are. Why? I think it is the false sense of security instilled by the "you don't have to be at work by X time" thing. Doesn't quite gel that Miss 5 has to be at school by X time..... I'll get there. She's only in prep. I reckon by grade 5 I should be sweet.

And so all the kids are dropped off and then off to the supermarket for me. And my handy hint for the day? Online shopping. And I know, I went to the supermarket. Hear me out.

I'll let you in on how I do my grocery shopping. When we run out of something or are in danger of running out of something I add it to the online grocery list on woolies online. Then on Wednesdays when the specials come out I go through the entire specials list online. You will be amazed how many things are on there that you use on a regular basis, and that aren't in the catalogue. Add them to your online list. And then on Thursday or Friday I go to the supermarket, and open the app on my phone. Instant shopping list, and I know how much it will cost. Sensational.

But I digress. Again.

So shopping done. I came home, and unloaded the car.

And from here is where you can see why I am tired.

I brought the bags in and put them on the kitchen floor, wherein I saw the kettle and decided to make coffee. So I put the kettle on, got a mug and put the coffee in. And when I put the spoon in the sink I saw the dishes needed to be put away. So then I put the dishes away.

After I had put the dishes away, I saw the mug with the coffee in it, so I put the kettle on. I then looked down and saw the grocery bags and realised I hadn't unpacked them yet. So I started unpacking them. And when I was putting some things away in the fridge I realised that there was a container that had been there longer than my "3 day rule" so I opted to remove the container, empty the contents and then wash the container. Which then resulted in my opening the curtains above the sink to look outside, thus seeing the hideously long lawn, and also my dog, and remembering I had bought him a treat in the shopping this morning. So I found the treat, and went outside, gave him a pat and the treat, then came back inside.

On the way in I saw some washing on the floor of the laundry and thought I should put that in the machine, so I did. Then I realised there was washing in the dryer, so I thought I had best get that out. So I took it out and carried it to my bedroom, where I then put the clothes from the dryer onto the full basket of clothes already there, waiting to be folded, and realised there was a bag of clothes the kids didn't fit into waiting to go to the op shop so I sorted that out, then put it at the front door, which was where I realised I hadn't shut the boot of the car. So I went outside, shut the boot, and came inside, which enabled me to see into the girls' room to notice that their beds weren't made. So I attended to that. And coming out of the girls' room I saw a hairclip on the floor, picked that up, took it to their hair stuff container and put it in, which was sitting conveniently right beside a few toys that needed putting away. So I grabbed them, and put them in the toyboxes in Master 3's room, which then made me realise that his bed also had not been made, and who put all those books on the floor? So I put the books on the bookshelf, made the bed, put away the clothes that he decided he didn't want to wear this morning and headed back to the kitchen.

And then I saw the grocery bags. Haven't finished that yet. Thanks to something or other in the fridge.

So I continued unpacking the bags, and saw the coffee mug. So put the kettle back on.

And once the coffee was poured I put the spoon in the sink, and saw the empty milk carton beside the sink and thought I'd put it in the recycling box, so I did that, which made me realise the garbage needed taking out, so I tied off the bag, and turned around to see that there was a box of recycling that needed to go out, separate to that in which I had just placed the recycling, so I picked that up and took it outside and shoved it in the bin.

So back to the kitchen and see the rubbish, and take that out again, spying out of the corner of my eye that the flowers in the vase in the lounge room are looking a little bit how's your mother and probably could use chucking.

Back to the kitchen again, I see bags, still not unpacked, so keep doing that. Finish that and realise I have a coffee on the bench, cold by now, so put it in the microwave.

Then I spy something on the floor. It is a woolies animal card. Cos we don't have enough of those at the moment. I pick it up, which makes me then be at eye level with the underneath of the table. So I realise I need to vacuum. Mental note to self. Vacuum.

And I finish putting away the groceries and drink the coffee. And go back to the bedroom and fold some of the washing. And then I see the glitter paint from the other day and think I could use some more of that. So I grab my bag, purse and phone and head out the door towards "my favourite shop" and then I'm there. And there is a WALL of fabric paint and I am like a kid in a candy shop. So I get some, get some stencils, some paintbrushes, and, most importantly, a set of 4 bowls that are ALL THE SAME COLOUR and head home again.

And feel like coffee. So I put the kettle on.

And then I go back to the lounge room and spy a shoe under the sofa. So I stupidly don't just grab the shoe, I get down on floor level and am then able to see everything under the sofa. So that gets removed.

And I put it all away and then go back to the kitchen and think coffee would be nice so I put the kettle on. Turning around I see Miss 4's leap pad on the sofa chair and remember the batteries need charging, so I remove those and put them on charge. And then I recall Miss 5 has the same issue, so spend the next 10 minutes trying to find the other leap pad, the other charger, and put those on too. By which time I think I need a coffee so I put the kettle on.

And I think you get the idea.

So yes. Those days we have with no kids are just so relaxing aren't they?

I'll just put the kettle on......

No comments:

Post a Comment