Monday 30 December 2013

It's not that I've lost my mojo

I just have a lot going on right now, emotionally. Yes. My baby boy.

He is still with us. We have had heaps and heaps of cuddles today. And I have spoiled him rotten. And the kids have all had a pat and a cuddle.

I still have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that time is very limited, and I am randomly crying often, but do you know what? I don't think it is all bad. Because I am spending a lot more time with him right now, which I should have done sooner, I know, but I am loving it, and so is he.

And that concern I had about him knowing that I loved him and how much he meant to me is gone. Because I know he knows.

And I also told him that it's ok. Ok if he needs to go.

People without a dog wouldn't understand. Unless they have a cat, or a horse, or another member of the family who is slightly hairier than the norm, and with less capacity to express themselves verbally.

The kids understand. As much as kids can understand.

I can't yet jump into the talk of Christmas and antics of the minis, though I tell you antics were aplenty.

I'm taking time right now to reflect.

I would never have believed I could become so attached to a pet. But then again, when I got him I didn't have any kids. So he became my child. Substitute. Ish. You know what I mean. And he was spoiled rotten. Consequently he and I became incredibly close. And we still are.

So yep. That's me right now.

I might just take a few days I think. I will be back, of that there is no doubt. But for now I think I'll just take time with my little boy, because he needs me. And I want to be there for him.

I'll see you next year…...

No comments:

Post a Comment