Monday 2 December 2013

The wall got in the way.

Again, tonight.

Last night it was Miss 4, laughing and carrying on and spinning, with me telling her not to spin because she'd hit something, then laughing and carrying on and spinning and thwack. Into the wall. Bounced onto the sofa.

Laughed. Thankfully.

Tonight it was Master 3. It didn't end quite so well. It was preceded by running throughout the house, vocally as per usual, laughing, skipping, giving the odd guffaw and then before you knew it he misjudged the distance whilst trying to flit himself into the girls' room and thwack. Into the wall.

And so I scooped him up, told him that was why I don't like him running so fast through the house, and took him into the kitchen whereupon the frozen peas were applied.

After a short time I had a look. It'll bruise. Nice. Another to add to the current collection of chin, arm, leg, leg, back and a few mosquito bites that have reacted badly to boot.

That probably sounded harsh. Yes, I explained the harsh reality of what had happened, but the entire time I was holding the frozen peas against his melon I was kissing the top of his head and making sure he was ok. Sometimes I forget to add those bits. But rest assured, they are always there. Any time my babies hurt themselves nearly kills me. Well, not literally. But I hate it. I can't stand when they are in pain. Tis awful. I would much rather have myself suffer than them.

I gave him Panadol. He'll have a hell of a headache, that's for sure. Poor little man. And the thing is he'll do it again. With glee. Repeatedly.

I love the notes I find scattered around the house. Miss 5 loves to write and does so whenever she has the opportunity.

Here is just a small selection of the notes I found today.

"To santa, I hope I get some presents do you have me in your book yes or no."

"I love you Christmas Day" (complete with picture of tree, presents, Santa, and 'wind'.

Then there was the note she wrote me when she was staying with he about whom we do not speak over the weekend.

"To mummy I miss you so much. Are you hungry I am hungry Yes I am hungry xxx"

And my favourite?

"Dear mum, I love you so so much."

I do so love my children. Even though sometimes it takes them a veritable eternity to finally get to sleep of an evening. And they come out a bazillion times (no exaggeration, truly….). And they can whine and moan and carry on with the best of them.

But it doesn't matter how much crappy stuff happens, all you need is one positive. One teeny tiny positive. And your heart is instantly filled with the joy and love your babies bring you.

And as if right on cue I hear the sounds of a child stirring. Or falling out of bed.

One or the other.

Suppose I should go check…..

No comments:

Post a Comment