Wednesday 4 December 2013

Some days

things go really well. Smoothly. Without incident.

Those days are rare. Cherish them.

Today was horrific. That is the only word for it.

I started to write about it and deleted it. Then did the same again. Because to be quite honest I just don't want to relive it.

Not that anything monumental happened. There was the 5.30am wakeup from Master 3, the fact that Miss 4 was in my bed, again, and Miss 5 waking up at sparrow's as well. And then the tears at daycare dropping off Master 3 and then the veritable meltdown by Miss 5 when I dropped her at school.

That's all I'll say about it. Because I can't. My eyeballs hurt thinking about it.

I think I just need a break. We all need a break. But I mean a break break. Because I have been doing it all for such a long time, with just a couple of days here and there. And let's face it, when we get the odd day without the kids we don't want to clean do we…..? We want to go out, live it up, enjoy ourselves, do things we can't do with the kids around. Consequently, nothing around the house gets done, we get messy, and time is needed for recovery which could have been used to get things organised but isn't because of the fact that we had to go out and make good use of the very little time we actually get to ourselves.

Or something.

Anyway. I need a holiday.

Or a maid. Slash cook. Slash gardener. Slash driver. Slash anything at all. Just something. Someone.

It would just be nice to not have to do everything is all.

Ok pity party over.

I got free stuff today. I adore free stuff.

How did I get free stuff??

I wrote a letter. Not a complaint. No, a compliment letter. Because it was warranted.

Now I am the first to complain when things are not right. And it isn't just self-serving when I do this. Because I figure if I was in business and something was not right or was causing customers to be dissatisfied then I would want to know. So rather than bitch about it to all my friends and have the company lose potential customers because of 'bad will', I instead opt to pen these thoughts to the manufacturers in question.

Same goes with compliments. Companies should know when they are doing things right, and when customers are supremely satisfied.

I was, so I wrote.

And I received a fabulous parcel of foodie delights which I cannot wait to enjoy!!

So that was the positive part of what was otherwise a bit of a negative day.

Although work I got a lot done so not all bad there.

And I did have a nice salad for lunch.

And the kids ate all their dinner.

So there you go. It wasn't that bad at all really.

Just have to focus on the positives.

I think there's something in that for all of us, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment