Friday 6 December 2013

We went out for coffee today

as we do every Friday.

Although today things didn't go as they usually do.

Firstly we met up with a friend and a little bub instead of going alone (the three of us alone, not me alone, in which case we weren't really alone it was the three of us together, but without another party or two. Yes. I know. Stop laughing at me.)

Usually I will order the babycinos and my coffee and we go and sit down and patiently wait for our drinks whilst having a little bit of a chat and watching the waiters wondering who they are taking that drink to.

Today was not the same.

At all.

I picked up a Coke on my way to the cashier. I never do that.

We got to the cashier and when I ordered my coffee she said three words that almost floored me. In reality these words did take my breath away, quite literally.

"The machine's broken."

"Um, I beg your pardon?"

"The coffee machine is broken. We can do hot chocolates or Chais. That's it."

I looked at my friend with what could only be described as despair, whereupon I said to her "Oh God, the machine's broken. There's no coffee."

I was thrown. I was really thrown.

But at least I had Coke.

So then I had to get bacon, just to make me feel better. And the kids got a muffin. And we sat down.

And the kids ate half my breakfast. As they do.

And Coke is no substitute for coffee.

Aside from that outing we really did very little today. Although it wasn't very little as in absolutely nothing, because today was a high volume cuddle day. I have those sometimes. Some days I just want to hold my kids and squeeze them and never let them go.

So I did that. A bit.

And then we picked up Miss 5 from school, went to the supermarket and got a few things then came home.

For tomorrow is museum day. So we had to get supplies.

Once we were home with said supplies I furnished a massive Tupperware container with tiny little squares of various different sandwich fillings. In sandwich form obviously.

And then made dinner of chicken wings (cooked last night) and an amazing salad (create your own) which went down a treat.

I have a recipe for dough to make santa decorations out of handprints.

I decided to make it tonight so we could paint them over the weekend.

Long story short I didn't have enough salt. I know. Incredibly hard to believe. But true. I have added 2kg of salt to the shopping list.

So I made one batch. One. It was not enough to divide into three. And I couldn't let only 2 of the kids make them, and even then it wasn't enough. And so I thought I would make just my handprint and do the kids' ones tomorrow and then that wasn't going to work.

So we got the cookie cutters out and made decorations for the tree. Stars, hearts, hell, we even did a Miffy.

And they are in baking as we speak. I'm not sure if they will work to be honest. Because they are to be cooked at 100 Celcius. My oven doesn't go below 120 Celcius. What sort of oven starts at 120??? Seriously????? It also means I can't make my special little meringues, which I cook at 90 degrees.

And speaking of ovens that are inferior, who the hell organises a rental inspection the week before Christmas???????

MY BLOODY REAL ESTATE AGENT!!!!!!!

AND they have carefully included a list of all the things they "expect" to be "done" for this inspection. Which includes cleaning said ridiculously stupid oven.

I am far from happy.

And I will make it known that I am far from happy when I speak with them. Particularly considering they have not returned the last two calls I made to them in relation to various different issues.

Hmmm. Insert Marg Simpson groan here.

So tomorrow I am looking forward to a wonderful outing at the museum, and have some fabulous friends joining us too.

Can't wait to tell you all about it….. and I have absolutely no idea which way the pendulum will swing in that regard…… wish me luck…. I could very well need it…….

No comments:

Post a Comment