Thursday 16 January 2014

Side effects

can occur with regards to pretty well anything.

Medication quite obviously can have some nasty little side effects. 

Spending too much time in the sun may result in some side effects, particularly if sunscreen was not applied regularly. 

Drinking too much, well, that goes without saying that there are effects. 

Hot weather has some too. 

Lethargy. 

Sweating. 

Moodiness.

Inability to concentrate. 

Sleeplessness. 

Irritability.

I could just keep on going. 

I won't. It's all I can do to keep my fingers moving. That is the kind of lethargy I'm talking about. The "I need to get a drink but I just can't be bothered so I'll wait" kind of lethargy. 

At least we got to watch a pretty cool thunderstorm tonight. Heaps of forky lightning. It was fab. Kids loved it. 

I would tell you about today but I truly just can't be naffed. I'm tired. Mentally and physically. It has been a long week. 

Bring on the cool change. 

It makes the kids more violent too I think. The peas have had several outings of late. 

Isn't it annoying when people post pictures of their dashboard with the temperature, or screen shots showing the current temperature where people are? That's me. I'm doing that. Right now. Well, not literally right now, but these past few days. Because I simply can't believe just how hot it is. Yes, I know we usually get a few real stinkers in summer but, well, agh. That is all. 

I'll stop now. 

Miss 5 and I did have a good day together today. I wasn't working and the other two were at daycare. It was very much a spend time with mum day. We laughed a lot. Cuddled a lot. Chatted a lot. Tried on school uniforms to make sure all fits well. And then I got emotional about my baby going into grade 1. And then she kindly reminded me that Miss 4 will be at school next year. And Master 3 the year after. And then ALL my babies will be at school. 

And I felt sad, and happy, and so many different emotions. 

And whilst it is sad that children do seemingly grow up so quickly, it is fabulous to think about the fact that in 2 years' time I won't have to fork out for daycare any more. 

And that, my friends, makes me incredibly happy. And that money that would otherwise have been spent on daycare I will still put aside, but towards our monster trip overseas, which is planned for 2019. Why so far away? Because I'll need that much time to save for it! And the kids will be old enough to appreciate it. 

Until then we shall settle for trips within Australia, and perhaps a jaunt across to Fiji or something in a few years' time. That is if the budget allows. But I did the budget the other day, and I'm pretty sure I can manage it. 

Sen. Sational. 

Many good things yet to come. Many more. 

For now, I'm thinking of branches glistening with ice and leaves covered with snow. A frozen lake whose water is so clear that it reflects the snowy peaks above, a gentle mist hanging in the air, and the look of my breath as I breathe out in the freezing surrounds. 

Power of the mind. Cooling myself down mentally. 

Try it. Tis massively cool. Pardon the pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment