Wednesday 22 January 2014

It's oh so quiet…..

shhhhh…….shhhhhh…….

It is. Really really quiet.

Since the kids left on Sunday I have been buzzing around like a headless chicken trying to get things done. And I have achieved quite a lot. I, this evening, completed sorting through Master 3's room, which doubles as the toy room. I managed to cull quite a few things and the room now looks neat, for the first time since, well, since we moved in really I guess.

The foyer, different story. But that is easily fixed. Sort of.

I still have washing to fold.

But I have caught up on all the dishes and what needed cleaning in the kitchen.

The lounge room is clean. And there is now a new bookcase in there, relocated from Master 3's room, as we no longer read in there since I removed the sofa from there due to space issues.

Things are starting to come together. Starting to.

I plan on going like a bat out of hell for the remainder of the night, and most likely some of tomorrow, but the ultimate goal is to have completed operation cull and clean by lunchtime tomorrow, thereby leaving me many days to enjoy the freedom of not having parental responsibilities immediately present.

And by keeping myself busy it limits the nagging, longing feeling I have knowing that my babies are not here.

Moving on. Because if I don't I will get sad. I know that.

I can't believe how much stuff we have. It astounds me. And I have removed a heap of it. And we still have lots. Yet I don't think we have "everything". But holy moly bajoly, truly me, there is a LOT of stuff.

Red Cross came and picked up a veranda worth. Nice of them to do a house call I thought. Helped me no end. And helped them too I guess. So win win.

I can't stay and chat because I'm on a roll, I really am.

If all goes to plan, tomorrow night I'll be in a fabulous mood, surrounded by a beautifully clean and organised house and I will have either a glass of wine or a gin and tonic in hand, and I'll be ready for one huge mumma of a chat.

For now, I'm offski. The cleaning urge is just too strong in this little black duck.

May the force be with you. And me for that matter.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment