Thursday 28 November 2013

Is that a clean cup?

That was Master 3's question. He had asked me for a drink of water, politely, and I had agreed, complimenting him on his manners.

I proceeded to take a cup from the drying rack and fill it with water.

His comment…. "Is that a clean cup?"

Really. Like I'm going to take a dirty cup, fill it with water and give it to him.

It makes me wonder what they are actually thinking.

That said, this is the child who, every time I am changing his pooey nappy reminds me that "You can't eat poo."

Seriously. Like, would you ever consider it?? EVER????? SO WHY SAY IT THEN!!!!!

School was closed today. Not daycare. School. So the little ones went to daycare and it was a day for mini chick and me to spend some time together.

First thing we did after dropping little ones off? What else would you do? We went to the doctor. Swimming at school starts on Monday, and what with Miss 5 bursting her eardrum, we had to make sure it had healed.

It has.

:)

So then a few errands, then off to see a Christmas store. As you do. And it was fabulous. I could have stayed there all day.

About 8 years ago I travelled to Canada and the states, and whilst in Canada I visited several Christmas stores. Amazing. And I will go back. And take the kids. They would adore it.

Fruit man visit then supermarket then home.

And it was cooking time. Not for us. For a neighbour. She isn't well and I figured it might be nice to cook her some things she could whack in the freezer for when she just doesn't feel up to cooking.

So we made sausage rolls, bolognaise sauce and garlic bread. Brilliant.

Miss 5 does love to help. So much so that she belts on through before even listening to what needs doing. That is sometimes a problem. Today a little bit. But we're working on that. And to be fair she really is doing so well with it.

And they turned out great. As did the bolognaise. And the garlic bread…….

It is 11.05pm. And I have literally just then completely hit the wall.

Completely.

I have to go.

Must…..sleep…...

No comments:

Post a Comment