Wednesday 5 February 2014

The reason my kid is crying

No doubt you have seen various blog posts and pictures of children chucking their very best wobbly whilst their parents take a photograph for posterity.

Well. Let me tell you. Unless you are a parent you wouldn't understand.

So it is my quest tonight to enable you to step into my world for a moment, as I have enabled you to on several other occasions.

Tonight is the "the reason my kid is crying" edition of my blog.

Why? Because. Because I can.

Here goes.

THE REASON MY KID IS CRYING

I didn't give him dessert.

I gave him dessert.

She wanted to wear shorts.

She didn't want to wear shorts.

Her brother looked at her.

He poked himself in his own eye.

He doesn't have any marshmallows in his babycino. Because he just ate them.

His sandwich doesn't have crusts on. Because he asked me to cut them off.

He wanted a drink.

He wanted a drink in THAT cup.

She wanted pigtails, not a ponytail.

She is hot. Because she refuses to take off her jumper and it is 34 degrees.

She is tired (said while lying in bed).

He wanted to get in the car first.

He wanted to get out of the car first.

He didn't want her to get in the car first.

She wanted to get the mail.

Her piece of plain white A4 paper has a rip in it. Because she tore it.

She has no dinner. Because she just ate it.

She didn't want the sauce on that side of the plate.

He wanted to put the toothpaste on the toothbrush himself.

He has water in his eye. From smashing his hands down into the bath water.

She doesn't want to miss Peppa Pig.

She missed Peppa Pig.

Last Christmas she didn't get a banana in her Santa sack.

She can't move in bed. Because she has placed every soft toy she owns beside her.

The fan isn't looking at her.

We're going out.

We're not going out.

The sun is too hot.

His finger is sore. Because he bit it.

He didn't want to wear those shoes.

Her knickers are on inside out.

He can't find his sword.

He found his sword but Mike the Knight isn't on tv.

Peppa Pig is not on every time the tv is turned on.

I asked her to pick up the shoes that she took off in the middle of the room.

I asked him to stop yelling.

I asked her to use words instead of grunts (oh yes. My favourite).

He didn't want to sit in that seat.

She didn't want him to sit in that seat.

I looked at him.

I didn't talk.

And the list could go on….and on….. and on….

Think of this as the first instalment.

And in other news, we hit 10000 page views tonight. What are the odds of my logging in to blog just as the counter clicked to 10000?

Well. Not sure what the odds are but have a look at this……


And yes. That is a photograph of my computer screen. That I took. Because I don't know how to use my computer. And there is no print screen button on a Mac.

And you're welcome. It was my intention to make you feel better about yourself by exposing my complete inability to use my own computer.

Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment