Saturday 15 February 2014

Private numbers….

A lot of people have them.

Good for them.

Call me from one and odds are I won't answer.

Why?

Because what. The hell. Are you hiding?? I mean really.

Most of the time the calls I receive from private numbers are not pleasant. They are people who are ringing for whatever reason and think that if they show you their number you won't answer.

Well guess what? I am far more likely to answer if I know who is phoning me! Even IF it will be a less than pleasant confrontation or discussion.

But I digress.

That wasn't what I was going to say.

What I was going to say was this.

My kids were possessed today. Not just a little bit. I am talking Linda Blair head spinning projectile vomiting possessed.

And yes, funny you chortle a tad at that, we WERE actually out in public. And yes, oh of course, we WERE at a rather posh place for lunch. And yes, of COURSE they were loud. And visited the toilets a thousand times.

And yes. There is a small modicum of sarcasm in that which I am writing.

But lunch. Aside from the fact that a rather expensive hamburger ended up on the ground, the table was "washed", and we discovered just how acoustically impractical the venue was, at least from our table, it was not the only thing that we had to do today.

If it had have been I may have survived a tad better.

It was not.

I did not.

We still had to go….sigh….to the supermarket.

Oh. God. No.

Dog food. We needed dog food. I ended up feeding my baby old doggie chicken and rice for dinner last night because I realised that there was no dog food in the cupboard. Don't get me wrong, he was rapt. And I don't mind spoiling him being that he is in his twilight years.

But still. Can't really afford to be doing that every night.

So dog food.

We had to get it.

We got it.

It was not easy. At all.

There were children. Everywhere. It was like that scene from the Matrix where Keanu Reeves is essentially everywhere. That was my kids. In Woolworths.

Longest. Five. Minutes. Ever.

I have never been more glad to be inside my house as I was today. And it was followed up with directions to the children to remove themselves from my immediate vicinity in order that I could caffeinate and calm. CC. Although coffee and calm would have been far better replaced with a whopping great glass of red.

It wasn't. I had no red. I have no red.

I didn't realise that.

If I had have realised that I would have sucked it up and bought a bottle whilst I was out with the Exorcist's love children.

Thank god there was a teeny bit of gin in a bottle tucked away in the fridge. For times such as these.

If tomorrow is a bad one I'm screwed. No. Alcohol. Left.

Must remedy that. Stat.

I have no idea if any of this made any sense.

The kids barely ate dinner tonight either. Quite obviously because it was their favourite. And they want to screw with me. By not eating it.

Ah well. My dog ate well again tonight…. If I had have known then what I know now I wouldn't have bothered going to the supermarket to get dog food…..

Live. And. Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment