Friday 28 February 2014

I need a Thermomix.

Not want. Need.

And I mean that.

I went to a demonstration tonight.

Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. And that is excluding the Thermomix itself. We laughed, we carried on, we had a few wines, and amazingly many of us had never met the other people there.

I had gone to primary school with the host many moons ago, but she was the only person I knew. The others had come from here there and everywhere and we all just had an absolutely fabulous time. The kind of night that is laugh after laugh after laugh. But none of them forced.

Brilliant.

And then the Thermomix.

I now see what all the hype is about.

Now I'll put my excitement into context. As I have mentioned on occasion, I have a tremor. It is getting worse, and things that I used to do without even a thought now require much thought, inclusive of chopping vegetables when preparing meals.

Well. Problem solved. Thermie does it for you. Yes. Yes it does.

And do you know what else? In addition to chopping stuff, it cooks stuff. And not simple stuff. It can steam. And boil. And about a zillion other things. All at once.

And the food I tasted tonight was quite simply amazing.

I am completely 100% sold. It will change my life.

And another thing. It does everything QUICKLY! I mean, meals that would usually take 45 minutes to prepare and cook take 10.

I. Kid. You. Not. I saw it with my very own eyes.

I was skeptical. Massively.

Now I am a convert. In every sense of the word.

I want one. And I want one now. And I'm picturing Veruca Salt and Willy Wonka….

So the night had to end as I had to travel home, which was a good half hour trip.

And as I got out of the car, I turned to the house and was just about to walk around the corner when I caught sight of something in my peripheral vision and stopped.

Where I stopped was approximately 6 inches from the most enormous spiderweb you have ever seen. It spanned a good 2 metres from the tree beside the path right across to the house, and was at least 2 metres high.

What was even more terrifying was the enormous spider weaving away madly right at the centre of said web.

I could have died there and then.

Enormous.

ENORMOUS.

Anyway, it was just lucky I had a mop in the driveway (don't we all) so was able to pull down the web and run inside.

Yes I broke the law of nature. My usual rule is anything inside our house is an invader and shall be treated accordingly, and anything outside the house shall have its space and home respected.

Um. No. Not today.

If my kids ever saw that spider they would never sleep again. And their sleep is hardly perfect now so I just don't wish to take that risk.

So I called on uncle mortein to assist in my quest to rid my house of the mutant spider from hell, and sprayed it while it scooped up the remaining portions of its web and headed for the roof.

I have no idea if it is still in the land of the not permanently sleeping. All I know is that I will not relax any time I leave or enter my house for the rest of my natural life.

Because that is just bloody terrifying.

Care to see??


Bet you thought I was exaggerating hey……...

No comments:

Post a Comment