Thursday 19 September 2013

Tomorrow

I will have a 3, 4 and 5 year old.

Master 2 turns 3 tomorrow.

I am feeling the way I assume many other mothers feel when their babies have birthdays - a mixture of nostalgic, sad, happy, contemplative, emotional, insert many other feelings here.

My little man tried to arrive at 27 weeks. And 31 weeks. And 32 weeks. And then finally graced us with his presence at 39 weeks.

My little man has no fear and will scale anything and then proceed to jump off it.

My little man tonight decided to bounce his way around the house, Tigger style.

My little man, after the 7th time I went in to answer his queries from bed this evening, as I was leaving his room that 7th time chastised me.... "You didn't tell me to have a good sleep." Even though I had said it the 6 previous times.....

My little man. My little man. Is growing up.

Funny how they do that.

Sigh.

I would write more, but, well, I don't think I will. I think I'll keep reminiscing, and thinking, and smiling, and loving him, but be a bit selfish and just keep that for me.

I'm a mum. I'm allowed.

So tomorrow night we shall celebrate the occasion by going out for dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, where Miss 4 will eat plain rice, Miss 5 will have 4 bowls on the go at once, and Master 3 (by then) will have 4 bowls full of noodles.

And I will watch my babies. And be proud of who they are becoming, of who they have been and of who they are.

I just couldn't imagine loving them any more than I already do.

And on that note, and with a smile on my face, I shall leave it until the next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment