Wednesday 4 September 2013

And another thing....

I was meaning to say..... There are literally trillions of things in life for which we can never ever be prepared.

Yes, yes, death, illness, ra ra ra.

I'm talking more the Nutri-Grain in a shoe. The plastic button in the oven. The speed with which the toy from a McDonalds happy meal can fly through the air at the hands of a two year old, and the percentage of times that there will be the head of a 4 or 5 year old in the path of said flying toy.

We can never be prepared for the feelings that well up when one of our own children looks at us, deeply and almost knowingly in the eyes, takes our cheeks in their tiny little hands and says, with complete conviction "You're really old".

We can never be prepared for anything that involves expulsion of something or other from a small child's body, in whatever way, shape or form.

And we can never be prepared to have our hearts ripped from our chest as we watch one of our little ones suffer through illness, knowing that there is not a force in this world powerful enough to prise us from holding and comforting that little human.

And so here I am. I be blogging.

And this blog, it be about me and the three. Tis just us (and our bazillion year old dog). And I will share with you things my three may do, or say, and sometimes I will just share with you the nothing, something and everything that often times finds itself resident in this mind of mine...

So join me. If you please. Would love to have you along for the ride. I can promise it'll be bumpy. But never, ever dull......

Oh, and just call me Christobelle. Everyone does......

Toodles for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment