Thursday 4 December 2014

It happened again.

This morning. Without warning. I started talking and I got choked up.

For no reason?

No. For reason.

The reason?

Miss 5. No, she didn't do anything. But this evening she graduated. Kinder graduation. And this morning I was talking to Miss 6 about the upcoming evening and found myself choking up. Just. Like. That.

Fast forward to this evening.

Miss 5 had on a little graduation gown (over her sling), as did all her little classmates.

But here's the thing. Miss 5 was a "leader". She was one of two children in her kinder class chosen to stand at the front and do the actions so that everyone could follow her. Only now she had only one arm, so essentially could only do half the actions as one side just didn't work.

But do you know what? She stood up there, at the front of her entire class, and danced and sang her little heart out, even with only one arm working.

And I kid you not, I don't think it is possible for a parent to be more proud than I was at that very point in time.

When the graduation certificates were presented Miss 5 was presented last. She wasn't impatient (unlike her mum) and sat quietly just waiting until her name was called.

With each child that came up, the educator said a few words about said child.

When Miss 5 came up the first thing that was said was that she deserved a round of applause because even though she had an arm injury she still wanted to do the concert.

When the words were spoken about my darling girl I felt as though my heart could just burst.

"[Miss 5] is determined and strong-willed. She persists to learn and excels in her work. She is a leader and she is always there to help and guide her peers and friends."

Proud doesn't even scratch the surface.

Well done baby girl. You're going to love school xx

No comments:

Post a Comment