Tuesday 2 December 2014

I want to go to the moon

An insight into my world. The trip home from the hospital yesterday and the conversation with Miss 5 went something like this:

“Mum, can we go to the moon?”

“No baby, we can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s too far.”

“How far is it?”

“A long way.”

Pause.

“I want to go to the moon.”

“We can’t just go to the moon baby. Unless you are an astronaut.”

“I want to be an astronaut. Then I’ll go to the moon.”

“Ok baby.”

“Mum?”

“Yes?”

“I want you to come with me.”

“Where?”

“To the moon.”

“Baby I can’t go to the moon.”

“Yes you can, come with me when I’m an astronaut.”

“Baby, astronauts can’t just bring a friend along with them when they go to the moon.”

“But you are not a friend, you’re my mum.”

*face palm*

“Ok, so do you think astronauts are all allowed to bring their mums along?”

“Yes!”

“Is that in case they get scared?”

“Yep.”

“Ok then. So do I have to do any astronaut training?”

“Nope.”

“Are you sure?”

“Actually, yes, you do.”

“When am I going to do that baby? I work and the rest of the time I spend with you guys.”

“You can work during the day and do astronaut study at night.”

“Oh can I really? That’s great, thanks for that. And so when I’m done we can go to the moon together?”

“Yep.”

“You’ve got it all worked out!”

*cheesy grin from Miss 5*


So it appears I may be an astronaut when I grow up. I’ll wave at you from the moon.

2 comments: