Saturday 13 September 2014

Time got away from me.

I'll leave it at that.

But today I knew I was coming back tonight, because of something Master 3 said.

We were driving along the Western Ring Road in Melbourne, having just attended a fabulous birthday party at an indoor trampoline venue, where the kids bounced and bounced and bounced and then ate and ate and ate and left there with rosy cheeks and blue lips from the cupcakes.

And we were chatting about life and things in general, as we tend to do on car trips.

Master 3, quite suddenly, and not prompted by anything in the conversation or otherwise let out "I know why Jake died."

I was, understandably, quite taken aback.

"Do you little man? Why did Jake die?"

I wasn't quite sure what to expect in answer.

"That cloud took him."

Um. What?

"A cloud took him?"

"That cloud, that cloud is the reason he died."

"Which cloud baby?"

"The stripy one, there."

And that's when I saw it.

"You mean the cloud directly over the hospital?"

And he said "Yes. That cloud is the reason Jake died."

And I'm getting goose bumps even recanting the tale.

He was transfixed. And so very sure.

He certainly has an eye. I'll let you decide how to interpret that.

But I just had to share……..

No comments:

Post a Comment